Sunday, April 21, 2013

Temporary open access for two articles

There's been a fair amount of discussion on tumblr and on The Asexual Agenda about the special issue of Psychology and Sexuality about asexuality, especially regarding the last article, called "A mystery wrapped in an enigma – asexuality: a virtual discussion."

Most of the comments that people made about it weren't especially good, feeling that many of the authors seemed to have only passing familiarity with asexual discourse and communities.  I confess that my impression in reading it was quite similar (of course, I hoped that people didn't feel that way about my comments, though I certainly expected some of what I said to be controversial.)

Right now, A mystery wrapped in an enigma – asexuality: a virtual discussion is freely available online, as is the introductory article, Asexuality special theme issue editorial.  According to Mark Carrigan's blog, they will be open access (i..e. they're freely available online) until the end of May.

Because many people felt that the comments weren't especially good, Siggy wrote unpacking an enigma, giving his own answers to the questions in the article, and encouraging others to  write their own responses.  I probably would have taken him up on this if it wasn't for the fact that I was one of the contributors.  So if you want to know my answers, now you go read them if you couldn't before.

No comments: