Friday, January 6, 2012

Survey for asexuals 25 or older

My name's Andrew and I'm writing my doctoral dissertation on asexuality, and for the first part of my research I am wanting to better understand how asexuals understood their asexuality before the rise of online asexual communities. This will help us to better understand the history of asexuality and the conceptual resources people have drawn on for understanding asexuality.

To participate you must
1) presently identify as asexual
2) be 25 years of age or older, and
3) and have lived most of your life since age 12 in English language contexts.

Asexual Identity Online and Before.

I know that there are a lot of you who like taking surveys who may be disappointed about not meeting the eligibility requirements. (Based on the results of the AAW11 census, the eligibility requirements probably exclude about 85% of aces active in online English language communities.) It's not because I don't care about people outside the above demographic, but because of the specific issues I'm wanting to investigate with this particular survey.

Edit: I got the number of responses I was aiming for a much faster than I anticipated. Since I now have 200 responses I have closed the survey. I want to thank everyone who participated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this survey already over? I'd be happy to participate, but when I click on the link it says it is already closed.

ACH said...

Yes, I closed it last night, but forgot to edited the post to indicate that.

Anonymous said...

Well that's too bad, but I'm happy to hear you got so many responses so quickly. Best of luck on your dissertation.